Medical techniques related to anti-aging procedures have continued to develop at an enormous pace during the last decade. Both women and men go to clinics and hospitals to receive treatments designed to restore them with a youthful appearance that will make them look good on the outside and feel even better on the inside.
The new generation of anti-aging techniques are safer, easier, and require less recovery time. The only problem is that there is a wide range of options, from injectables to laser procedures, and it can be difficult to know which one will provide you with the most benefits.
What is Anti-Aging Medicine?
This type of medicine consists of innovative methods that help stop the aging process, gaining health and beauty. It consists of personalized treatments, so that each individual fully maintains its own features and functions. This medicine focuses on the study, prevention, and treatment of biological markers that deteriorate with age and that ultimately age us.
Scientists and professionals show that the diseases of old age are mostly disorders or metabolic processing problems. By repairing the aging’s cell physiology, the body begins to act and function much more youthfully and at a healthier level. In this way, the aging process is reversed.
Anti-aging procedures aim to slow, minimize, and in some cases, reverse the aging process. These procedures are done through comprehensive approaches that preserve the quality of life and ensure that the people who undergo them stay in a healthy and active state.
These treatments provide a better life perspective, one with less stress and a more positive attitude. Some of its benefits are:
- Increased vitality
- Rejuvenated skin
- Strengthened hair and nails.
- Toned muscle mass
- Improved posture
- Increased energy.
- Recovered one’s attractiveness.
- Improved the physical appearance of a person.
What Are the Most Common Anti-aging Medicine Procedures?
Anti-aging procedures use technological, medical, and scientific advances to detect, prevent, and cure age-related conditions. Some of the most common are:
- Enriched Plasma: An innovative treatment that focuses on facial rejuvenation by infiltrating the patient’s own plasma. This manages to stimulate, enhance, and accelerate the skin’s regeneration in a simple and effective way.
- Botox: It is the application of injections in small and controlled doses, that provide light and a younger and fresher appearance to the skin. It is a painless treatment that reduces wrinkles and fine lines. It is very common between the eyebrows, forehead, corners of the lips, and the area around the eyes.
- Mesotherapy: Commonly known as “injectable vitamins.” It is an aesthetic solution that rehydrates and revitalizes the skin deeply. It counteracts dehydration, photoaging, oxidation, and flaccidity. It provides effective results and produces an immediate lifting effect.
- Facial Fillers: Facial fillers are injectables that smooth out wrinkles, provide elasticity and light to the skin, define, and replenish facial features. It is a temporary procedure that helps to accentuate the characteristics of the face by adding volume and reducing wrinkles.
Am I a Candidate for Anti-aging Procedures?
Each patient and situation is different, so these methods must be personalized, depending on age, habits, objectives, and expectations.
However, it is recommended that you:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Be active
- Include nutritious foods in your diet.
- Do not smoke
Are There any Risks or Complications?
Although most anti-aging treatments provide effective results, some setbacks may occur. Certain patients experience adverse effects, such as pain: swelling, bruising, poor recovery, and skin sensitivity. Likewise, if the procedure requires anesthesia, there is a risk of an allergic reaction.