During nose surgery (rhinoplasty), the surgeon changes the shape of the patient’s nose to improve its appearance, symmetry, and often, the patient’s breathing.This procedure aims to improve facial harmony and nasal proportions. Likewise, breathing irregularities caused by structural defects within the nose can be fixed. For this surgery, it is recommended that the patient be of at least 15 years of age, to allow for complete growth of cartilage and nasal bone.
Pros and Cons of Rhinoplasty.
- Improvement in the shape, angle, and nose size.
- Defects that prevent correct breathing patterns and that cause congestion can be corrected.
- Positive impact on self-image and self-confidence.
- Depending on the type of surgery, there may be certain scars.
- It takes time to get used to one’s new appearance. Post-operative discomfort may occur.
- There is no guarantee that the results will be exactly what you want.
Are You a Candidate for this Surgery?
Rhinoplasty is an individualized procedure that is performed when the patient decides to do it for him/herself and not to satisfy the desires of others. The following are some of the most common reasons why a patient can be considered an ideal candidate for rhinoplasty:
- Full facial bone growth.
- Have a physically stable health.
- Not be a smoker.
- Have an optimistic vision and realistic goals regarding appearance.