This type of cosmetic surgery has grown by 70% since 2000, making it the second most popular option after breast implants. A breast lift, or Mastopexy, eliminates the anti-aesthetic features of the breasts, such as: flaccidity, volume inequality, sagging skin, etc. Through this procedure, the breasts appear more rejuvenated, as the excess skin is removed and the tissues that surround them are tightened. This technique brings a more youthful appearance to the figure. Depending on the patient’s desired results, this surgery can be complemented with breast implants.
Pros and Cons of Breast Lift Surgery
- Gain back one’s self-confidence, self-esteem, and visual appeal
- Sagging breasts appearance is replaced for a more youthful figure.
- Improvement in form, projection, and symmetry.
- Like with any other surgical procedure, scars will appear.
- Becoming pregnant after surgery can compromise the surgery’s results.
- The results of this surgery may not be permanent.
- In some cases, nipple sensitivity may be lost. This is restored once the recovery period has ended.
Are You an Ideal Candidate for this Surgery?
Because drastic weight changes can affect the appearance of the breasts after surgery, this procedure is best suited for people who maintain a stable weight. In addition, the best candidates are those who are not trying to get pregnant. In addition, consider the following:
- The patient is physically healthy.
- The patient’s’ breasts are sagging and drooping.
- The patient commits to a proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.