Are you traveling soon? Get your Covid-19 PCR test for travel; it’s quick and convenient.
Whether you are traveling back to Canada or the US, or just traveling abroad, it is likely that you will need a coronavirus test for travel. Thus, if this is the case, we have all the information that you need for your PCR Test in Puerto Vallarta:
Here you will find: Coronavirus tests for travel; which should I get? | Covid-19 test for travel to Canada | Covid-19 test for travel to the United States | Where to get your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta | How it works? get your appointment and test results | Covid-19 PCR Test Prices | Our PCR test results and turnaround time
Coronavirus tests for travel; which Covid test should I get?
Before making an appointment or getting your Covid-19 test, it is crucial to know which type of test is the right one for travel. Consequently, it is important to be aware that there are several types of coronavirus tests available. However, many of these tests are not suitable for travel purposes.
For example, an Covid-19 antibody test will not be suitable when it comes to travel.
- Antibody tests: This test, also known as a serology test, aims to detect a certain type of antibody called immunoglobulin G. A Covid-19 antibody test is useful to check if you have had coronavirus. However, the diagnosis of a current Covid-19 infection should not be based on this test.
Likewise, a Covid-19 antigen test may or may not work, depending on the country that you are traveling to.
- Rapid antigen tests: this lab test is an immunoassay that detects the presence of a certain viral antigen. Consequently, an antigen test is suitable, in most cases, to detect a viral infection (such as coronavirus).
- Are you traveling to the US? You can take a Covid-19 antigen test. An antigen test is a valid test for traveling to the US.
- Are you traveling to Canada? You should not take a Covid-19 antigen test. An antigen test is not a valid test for traveling to Canada.
A PCR test in Puerto Vallarta is the right type of test for travel
If you are traveling abroad, you will most likely need to take a PCR Test, also known as a polymerase chain reaction test. Therefore, getting your PCR Test in Puerto Vallarta, as opposed to other types of Covid-19 tests, is important because:
- A PRC test is the most reliable option for detecting Covid-19 infections.
- In addition, t is considered the “Gold Standard” of coronavirus tests.
- This test is safe, convenient, fairly simple and straightforward.
- It usually causes no discomfort, or very little discomfort, and has no side effects after testing.
3 Types of COVID-19 Testing
|Molecular Test||Antigen Test||Antibody Test|
|What is this?||A diagnostic test taht can detect active infection||A diagnostic test that can detect active infection quickly||A test that can detects antibodies the inmune system created in response to past infection|
|What kind of sample is taken?||Nasal and throat swab||Nasal swab||Blood draw|
|How accourate is it?||Highly accurate||Positive results are highly accurate, but negative results may need confirmation from a molecular test||Occasionally, a second antibody test is needed for better accurancy|
|What does the test detect?||Detects if you currently have a Covid-19 infection
Best for travel
Best for re-entry requirements
|Can detect a current Covid-19 infection, if viral load is high||Detects if you have had a Covid-19 infection sometime in the past|
People traveling to Canada have to take a Covid-19 PCR test
Effective January 7th of 2021, all passengers five years of age or older, are required to have a negative Covid-19 PCR test before traveling by air from another country to Canada. Accordingly, this travel requirement was announced on December 31st of 2020 by Mr. Marc Garneau, Canada´s Minister of transport. Therefore, we have summarized the most important Canadian travel and re-entry requirements:
- “Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to coming to Canada”.
- In addition, “The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test within 72 hours prior to boarding a flight to Canada.”
Individuals traveling to the US have to take a Covid-19 Antigen test or a PCR test
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), recently published an order under Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act. Specifically, this order requires the following from all passengers arriving into the United States from a foreign country:
- “Airline or other aircraft operators must confirm that every passenger (2 years of age or older) onboard the aircraft has documentation of a Negative Qualifying Test Result or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19″.
- “The specimen (for the Covid-19 test) was collected within 3 calendar days preceding the flight´s departure“.
- “The test performed was a valid viral test. A viral test means a viral detection test for current infection (a nucleic acid amplification test or a viral antigen test) approved or authorized by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2″.
- These requisites will come into efect on January 26th of 2021.
However, please note that if you are traveling back to the US before January 26th of 2021, getting your Covid-19 test is not mandatory.
In Summary; people traveling to the US on or after January 26th of 2021 will need to have:
- a Negative Pre-departure Test Result for COVID-19.
- This test should be a valid viral test for the detection of current infection.
- A nucleic acid amplification test (a PCR test).
- A viral antigen test.
- The test´s specimen should have been collected within 3 calendar days preceding departure.
- Alternatively, “a passenger can present a positive test result and a signed letter on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of a licensed healthcare provider or public health official stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel“.
Covid-19 testing in Puerto Vallarta; Where to get your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit.
Although taking a PCR test sample from nose or throat is simple, processing a PCR sample requires advanced laboratory training and expertise. In addition, getting your test in a laboratory with a quick turnaround time is always useful and necessary. Consequently, choosing the right laboratory for your PCR test in Puerto Vallarta is important. Accordingly, at CMQ Hospitals we have three convenient locations in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit. Most importantly, in our three laboratories we provide quick and convenient access to coronavirus PCR testing in our city.
CT Scan Studies, Urgent care center open 24/7, and Walk-in clinic.
CT Scan and Open MRI Studies, ICU, Urgent care center open 24/7, and Walk-in clinic.
CT Scan Studies, 24/7 emergency medicine, On-site specialists, and Walk-in clinic.
How it works; from scheduling your appointment to getting your test results
Getting your PCR Test in Puerto Vallarta at CMQ Hospitals is always quick and convenient. Here is how it works:
- Choose one of our three locations:
- Staying in Downtown Puerto Vallarta: Hospital CMQ City Center is your nearest option.
- Alternatively, if you live or stay in central Puerto Vallarta: Hospital CMQ Premiere is close by.
- However, if you are close by Northern Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias: Hospital CMQ Riviera Nayarit is the most convenient option.
- Make your appointment at the most convenient time. We recommend you schedule your appointment 4 to 5 days prior to your flight.
- Arrive on time: please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- A face mask is required: please keep your face mask on at all times. Moreover, please remember that your face mask should cover all of your mouth and nose.
- Make your payment: your payment will be requested upon arrival. Accordingly, you will have two payment options
- pay in cash.
- use your credit card to pay for your test.
- Lab sample is taken: Our lab technician will take your Covid-19 PCR test sample.
- Test turnaround time: your results will be ready in 24 – 36 hours if your sample is taken on or before 9:00 am. Finally, our laboratory staff will send your official lab results to your email.
Covid-19 PCR test prices in Puerto Vallarta
|Laboratory location||Address and Phone Number||PCR test price in Puerto Vallarta (estimated price range)|
|Laboratory at CMQ City Center||Address: Calle Basilio Badillo #365, Colonia Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, México.
Phone number: 322 223 1919
|$3,650 Mexican pesos
|Laboratory at CMQ Premiere||Address: Avenida Francisco Villa #1749, Colonia Vallarta Villas, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, México.
Phone number: 322 226 6500
|$3,650 Mexican pesos
|Laboratory at CMQ Riviera Nayarit||Address: Av. Heroes de Nacozari #280, Bucerias, Nayarit
Phone number: 329 298 0717
|$3,650 Mexican pesos
|Sanlor Laboratory at Las Glorias||Address: Calle David Alfaro Siqueiros #412-6, Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico.
Phone number: 322 225 6204
|$3,650 Mexican pesos
Price range is an estimate. Price can vary depending on certain conditions. Please call to make your appointment and inquire about PCR test price
How long will my PCR test results take? Will my results be ready in time?
Covid-19 PCR test results are normally available within 24 to 36 hours. However, please note that due to high demand and other factors, test turnaround time can take up to 48 hours. Consequently, we recommend getting your appointment early in the morning, from 7:00am to 10:00am. Hence, our laboratory technicians will be able to work during the day and the following night on processing your PCR test sample. Subsequently, our staff will have your results ready and will send them via email as soon as possible.