Do you think you’re always Sick? Perhaps you are a Hypochondriac.
Hypochondria is a psychological-nature disease. Thus, the person, a hypochondriac, believes that he or she suffers from an illness without any medical support. People who suffer from this disorder tend to worry about adopting the symptoms of some diseases caused by self-analysis.
People who try to demonstrate obsessively the feeling of illness, even when they are completely healthy, are called hypochondriacs.
The main characteristic of this disorder is the concern and fear of suffering some serious illness. Due to this reason, a hypochondriac lives in constant anguish and anxiety to catch a disease in a real way. It is also common for the hypochondriac to feel misunderstood for not finding someone who is able to diagnose his or her illness.
Answer Yes/No to these questions to detect if you might be a hypochondriac:
- Do you often feel worried about your health? Yes No
- Do you worry about developing any serious illness? Yes No
- Do you visit the doctor on a regular basis and feel doubtful even if he tells you that you are healthy? Yes No
- Does your constant concern about your health cause you sadness? Yes No
- If you hear news about an illness, whether by the media or someone close to you, are you worried about suffering from it? Yes No
- Do you examine your body to the slightest discomfort looking for some symptom confirming that you are sick? Yes No
If you have answered positively to more than 4 of these questions, you are likely to be a hypochondriac person.
But there are different types of hypochondriacs
Hypochondria can be a matter of level, distinguishing in this way different types:
- Mild: the hypochondriac person feels the fear of suffering any illness. Which causes he or she to go to the doctor. However, in the case of mild hypochondriasis, the patient is satisfied with the information provided by the doctor.
- Passenger: it is inevitable to feel some fear to death or a serious illness. Because it means a limitation of life. A transient hypochondriasis is suffered by anyone who cares to know something they think they have. But soon forget about it.
- Fake or False: many times it may happen that we confuse hypochondriasis with another problem of equal or greater magnitude.
- Severe: it is the one that said yes to all the questions above. And needs the help of a specialist. People who have it, find it hard to separate this from their social life and focus on other things. They are constantly feeling in danger.
Is there a cure?
Once it is detected that a patient is hypochondriacal and he or she accedes to the treatment. The next step is to clearly define the goals and the benefits of undergoing psychological therapy.
Approach our specialists to have a visit that will help you lessen the discomfort and achieve greater well-being.