Dr. Sergio Del Hoyo is a surgeon with over 15 years of experience in Puerto Vallarta, México. He specializes in general surgery and gastrointestinal surgery. He has trained in laparoscopic and obesity surgery. He is certified by his specialty’s board and is a partner in different associations, including:
- Mexican Association of General Surgery (amcg.org.mx)
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (amce.com.mx)
- Mexican College of Obesity and Metabolic Disease Surgery (cmcoem.org.mx)
- International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Disease Surgery (ifso.com)
He has performed thousands of procedures in different areas of general surgery, laparoscopic, and bariatric surgery. He is characterized for always working with a great sense of ethics and responsibility, as well as high standards of safety, medical quality, and human sense. He is personally in charge of the contact he has with his patients, attending to and individualizing each one of their care, and always offering the best treatment options with cutting-edge medical and surgical procedures.
- Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree, Health Sciences University Center (CUCS) of the University of Guadalajara. School of Medicine. Guadalajara, MEXICO (DGP 4406249).
- Specialty in General Surgery, Hospital Civil Nuevo de Guadalajara “Dr. Juan I. Menchaca “, Guadalajara, MEXICO (DGP 4964017).
- Training in laparoscopic surgery and kidney transplants during his specialty in general surgery.
- Training and certification in obesity surgery and metabolic diseases.
Professional Development and Certifications, Dr Sergio Arturo Del Hoyo Galvan:
- Surgeon assigned to the Surgery Service at the Mexican Social Security Institute from 2007 to 2015.
- Professor of Gastroenterology at the University Center of the Coast (2010).
- Staff member at the CMQ Puerto Vallarta Premiere Hospital.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (TOEIC certified).
- Certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgery (C-120002).
- Certification as Surgeon of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (stages I, II).
- Advanced Course on Obesity Surgery and Metabolic Diseases at the University of Strasbourg, France (IRCAD France).
- Certification in surgical and multidisciplinary management of obesity, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Every year, he attends different national and international medical professional development courses and conferences.