Dr. Rafael Lujan is a Specialist in General and Endoscopic Surgery certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgery. He has more than 30 years of experience in his area providing medical attention adhering to the highest standards of international medical and hospital quality. His dedication and determination have positioned him as one of the most recognized surgeons in Puerto Vallarta.
Dr. Lujan is characterized by his constant attendance to courses and diploma courses. He is an active member of different associations, including:
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery.
- College of Surgeons of the State of Jalisco.
- College of Surgeons of Puerto Vallarta.
- Mexican Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
- Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree, Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 1970-1974.
- Undergraduate Internship, IMSS, Saltillo Coahuila, Mexico, 1974-1975.
- Social Service, Field Clinic No.10, Santiago Ixc, Nayarit, 1975-1976.
- Postgraduate Internship, IMSS, General Hospital Zona, Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico, 1978-1979.
- Specialty in General Surgery, IMSS Medical Center of the Northeast, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, 1979-1982.
Professional Development and Certifications, Dr Rafael Lujan:
- National Congress of General Surgery, Guadalajara and Monterrey, 1993-1994.
- Theoretical-Practical Course Laparoscopic Surgery, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 1994.
- Update in Coloproctology, College of Specialists in General Surgery, 1997.
- Diploma in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery, Regional Hospital No. IMSS, Tijuana, Baja California, 2002.
- ATLS Course, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, 2001
- World Congress Endoscopic Surgery, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 2004.
- International Congress of Errors in General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 2004.
- 2nd Update Course in General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, Tepic, Nayarit, 2004.
- National and International Congress of the Mexican Society of Surgeons of Recto and Colon A.C., Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, 2004.
- National Meeting of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, Mexico City, 2004.
- Assistance to the 10th International Surgery ECOS, Mexico, D.F., 2013.