Dra. Monica Orozco is a specialist in Ophthalmology with a Sub-Specialty in Anterior Segment Microsurgery. She graduated from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara, where she was a Distinguished Student during the first, fourth, and sixth semesters of her studies as Surgeon and Obstetrician.
Dra. Orozco is known for always adhering to the highest hospital and surgical standards in her ophthalmologist work. She is certified by the Mexican Council of Ophthalmology. She was awarded the “Dr. Luis Sanchez Bulnes” prize in 2008 by the Association to Prevent Blindness in Mexico IAP, Hospital” Dr. Luis Sanchez Bulnes.” Dra. Monica Orozco is a member of the following associations:
- Mexican Center for Cataract Surgeons.
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- Jalisco College of Ophthalmologists
- Education: Degree as Surgeon and Obstetrician, Autonomous University of Guadalajara.
- Undergraduate Internship: Spanish Hospital of Mexico, Mexico D.F.
- Specialty: Ophthalmology, Association to Prevent Blindness in Mexico IAP, Hospital “Dr. Luis Sanchez Bulnes “.
- Sub-Specialty: Anterior Segment Microsurgery, Association to Prevent Blindness in Mexico IAP, Hospital “Dr. Luis Sanchez Bulnes “.
- Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome in Mexican children. World Congress of Ophthalmology. Abu Dhabi, February 2012
- Valsalva Retinopathy during labor. POSTER. World Congress of Ophthalmology. Abu Dhabi February 2012
- Extensive bilateral corneal alkali burn in a teenager. POSTER. World Congress of Ophthalmology. Abu Dhabi February of 2012.
- Pediatric cataract: Clinical and surgical outcome analysis, complications and their management. Entry work, Scientific Session of the Mexican Center for Cataract Surgeons. July 2008.
- Pediatric Cataract: Clinical Presentation, Surgical Treatment, and Visual Outcomes in Mexican Mestizo Patients. American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Meeting, Chicago Illinois. April 2008
- Clinical Characteristics in Patients with Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Syndrome. XXVII Mexican Congress of Ophthalmology. Guadalajara Jalisco. August 2006
- Vogt Koyanagi Harada syndrome in childhood. Co-author. International Ophthalmology Clinics 2008; 48 (3): 107-117.
- Chapter 18. Post-surgical complications. Co-author. Initiation to the Faco. Ed. Mexican Center of Cataract Surgeons. P. 185-204
- Inhibition of surgically induced miosis and prevention of postoperative macular edema with Nepafenac. Co-author. Clinical Ophthalmology 2009; 3: 219-226.
- Embryology in the Surgeon field at the University del Valle de Atemajac (UNIVA).
- Ophthalmology in the Surgeon field at the University del Valle de Atemajac (UNIVA).
- Pathology of the Anterior Segment in the career of Optometry at UNICO, Guadalajara.
Professional Development and Certifications, Dra. Monica Orozco:
- LV Update course in ophthalmology, A century of advances. Mexico D.F., August 9 to 11, 2018
- XI International Course Mexican College of Glaucoma, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. June 12 to 14, 2018.
- 1st Colloquium of Cataract and Ophthalmology, Riviera Nayarit, Nayarit, March 24 and 25, 2017
- IV Glaucoma International Course, Guadalajara, Jalisco from August 8 to 10, 2016.
- World Congress of Ophthalmology (WOC), Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico from February 5 to 9, 2016.
- Intensive course of antiangiogenic therapy, February 25, 2014, Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- Mexican Congress of Ophthalmology. Guadalajara, Jalisco, June 9 to 13, 2012
- World Congress of Ophthalmology (WOC). Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates,