Dr. María del Rocío Soto Chávez is a graduate of the Autonomous University of Guadalajara. She has more than 20 years of experience as a Surgeon and Obstetrician, and is an active member of several associations, including:
- Medical Society of Puerto Vallarta, A.C., Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- National Council of General Medicine, A.C., ANMEPAC.
- Founder and Associate of the Jalisco Society of Internal Medicine Chapter, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Mexican Society of Emergency Medicine, A.C.
- National Association of Physicians with Private Practice, A.C.
- System of Continuing Education for the General and Family Physician.
- National College of General and Family Physicians.
She has a renewed certification by the National Normative Committee of General Medicine. Dr. María del Rocío Soto Chávez is characterized by constantly updating herself,and by her participation in various courses, workshops, and congresses.
- Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree from the Faculty of Medicine, Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Jalisco, 1972-1976.
- Undergraduate Internship at Emiliano Zapata Hospital, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, 1976-1977.
- SSA Professional Social Service, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, 1977-1978.
Professional Development and Certifications, Dra. María del Rocío Soto Chávez:
- Workshop “Integral Management of IAM in Emergencies”, Mexican Society of Emergency Medicine, A.C.
- Regional Congress of Internal Medicine, Association of Internal Medicine of Mexico.
- IV International Congress of General Practitioners, National Institute of Continuing Medical Education (INEMC).
- XII National and International Congress of Cardiology, National Association of Cardiologists.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Research, UNAM.
- Diploma in Certification Research in Metabolic Diseases, Obesity and Nutrition, UNAM.
- XIII Congress of the Society of Neurological Surgery of the West, Society of Neurological Surgery of the West, A.C.
- DADOH Course, Jalisco Association of Internists.
- Annual Congress of General Practitioners, ANMEPAC.
- Interactive Updating Course in Obesity, Mexican Society of Nutrition and Endocrinology.
- Refresher Course in Lung Diseases and Respiratory Therapy, UNAM.
- Course: “Training of Experts in the Management of Diabetes Complications”, UNAM.