Jaime Miramontes, MD. is a renowned ophthalmologist in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with over 20 years of experience. Dr. Miramontes completed his medical education at the University of Guadalajara. In addition, he studied his specialty in Ophthalmology at the Civil Hospital of Guadalajara. He is a member of the Mexican Society of Ophthalmology and is certified by the Pan American Ophthalmology Association, as well as by the Society of Ophthalmology of Guadalajara. Jaime Miramontes, MD. leads the Ophthalmology department at Hospital CMQ Premiere and provides emergency care at Hospital CMQ City Center and Hospital CMQ Riviera Nayarit.
Furthermore, Jaime Miramontes, MD. is a member of the Rotary Club of Puerto Vallarta, where he provides medical care to low income children. In addition, Dr. Miramontes has been recognized by Puerto Vallarta’s City Government as an influential physician and is a well known philanthropist in Banderas Bay and Riviera Nayarit.
- Education: Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree from the University of Guadalajara, 1981-1987.
- Internship: Civil Hospital of Guadalajara, Rotating Internship, 1985-1986.
- Social Service: Rural Medical Clinic in Sayulita, Jalisco, 1986-1987.
- Professional Thesis: “Comparative Treatment of Central Serous Maculopathy”.
- Specialty: Ophthalmology, University of Guadalajara, 1989-1992.
- Fellowship: Civil Hospital of Guadalajara, 1989-1992.
- Optometrist: Technologist of Optometrists of the West A.C.
Most common Ophthalmology procedures:
- Cataract Surgery
- Chalazion and stye
- Myopia and Astigmatism Surgery
- Macular degeneration
- Refractive errors
Professional Development and Certifications, Dr. Jaime Miramontes:
- Certificate in the Pan American Ophthalmological Association.
- Transplant Course, Eye Plastic Surgery Center, Russia.
- Mexican Congress of Ophthalmology, National and International Level, since 1990.
- Recognition by the Cornea and Glaucoma Society, University of Texas, “Complications in Glaucoma Surgeries.”
- Certified by the Society of Ophthalmology of Guadalajara, REFRACTIVE.
- Annual Training and Updating on Cataract Surgery with Intraocular Lens Implant, Phacoemulsification and Implantation System, YAG LASER.