Medical Specialist in General, Laparoscopic, Bariatric, Thorax, and Cardiovascular Surgery. Dr. Hector Acosta performs general laparoscopic, bariatric, thoracic, and cardiovascular surgery. A doctor with over 20 years of experience offering the best services to his patients, and is characterized by always using first level technology in procedures.
Dr. Acosta is a professional recognized for his warm treatment and patience. He specializes in Cardiovascular Surgery, Gastroenterology, Endoscopic Surgery, among others. Dr. Hector Acosta is certified by the board of his specialty and is an active member of different associations, including:
- College of Specialties in General Surgery, Puerto Vallarta.
- Founding Partner of the College of Surgeons of Thorax and Cardiovascular of the State of Jalisco, A.C.
- Candidate Partner and Active Partner at the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, A.C.
- Mexican College of Surgery for Obesity Metabolic Diseases, A.C.
- Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree from the University of Guadalajara, 1982-1988.
- Undergraduate Internship at the Civil Hospital of Guadalajara, 1986.
- Social Service, Cruz de Loreto, Municipality of Tomatlan, Jalisco, 1987-1988.
- Thesis on “Toraco-Abdominal Trauma that Causes Death in the Place of the Accident”, 1986.
Postgraduate Degree in:
- Specialty in General Surgery, New Civil Hospital of Guadalajara, 1989-1992.
- Regional Hospital de la Barca, Resident Medical Rotator, Jalisco 1991.
- Specialty in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Former Civil Hospital of Guadalajara, 1992-1995.
Professional Development and Certifications, Dr. Hector Acosta:
- Participation in the First Surgery of Myocardial Revascularization with Extra corporeal Circulation Pump in Puerto Vallarta.
- XXII Latin American Congress of the International Society of Cardiovascular Surgery, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Together with Dr. Ramon Vazquez Gascon, Cardiologist, he developed the Course “The Role of the Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit” and presented a paper entitled “The Poly trauma Patient”, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- “Advanced Trauma Life Support” – American College of Surgeons, Northwestern Mexico Chapter, Trauma Committee, (ATLS), Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Attendance to the First International Meeting of Atherothrombosis and Pan Vascular Interventionism at the Cardiovascular Institute of Guadalajara, endorsed by the Mexican Board of Cardiology.
- Assistant in the XVI International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery in Puerto Vallarta.