Lic. Elihud Salazar graduated from the Nutrition and Food Science career at the Iberoamerican University with a thesis entitled ‘Preliminary Draft Project for the Manufacture of Cocoa and Chocolate Regulation.‘ She later completed a certificate program in Management and Corporate Skills of Non-Profit Foundations supported by INDESOL.
She is an outstanding professional who has distinguished herself in her area and has achieved recognition by the Mexican Association of Renal Nutrition Specialists. Lic. Elihud Salazar Robles is a member of different associations:
- International Society of Renal Nutrition and Metabolism
- Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Mexican College of Renal Nutritionists A.C.
- President of the Academy of Nutrition at the Coastal University Center, University of Guadalajara.
- Member of the Nutrition Tutoring Committee at the Coastal University Center.
- Member of the Departmental College of Medical Sciences at the Coastal University Center.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Food Science, Iberoamerican University, Mexico D.F.
Most common Dietitian procedures:
- Kidney Disease
- Diabetic Food Plan
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Chapter in book Salazar E, Lerma C, Lerma-Talamantes A, Bochicchio T, Garcia-Paz MPC Relationship between appetite level and anxiety symptoms in chronic hemodialysis patients. At the XVI International Congress on Nutrition and Metabolism in Renal Disease. Editors: Kalantar-Zadeh K, Hyashida G, Moi\Duzzi Editore International Proceedings Division.2012; pp:13-17. ISBN 978-88-7587-653-1
- Salazar E, Lerma C, Lerma A, Bochicchio T, Garcia-Paz MPC,Relationship Between Appetite Levels and Anxiety Symptoms in Chronic Hemodialysis Patients. Kidney Research and Clinical Practice. June 2012;Volume 31: Issue 2 A17
- Lerma A, Salazar E, Pérez-Grovas H, Bermúdez l, Gutiérrez D, Reyes-Lagunes I, Bochicchio T, Robles-García R, Lerma C. Development and validation of an instrument for the evaluation of cognitive distortions in patients with terminal chronic renal failure. Salud Mental 2012; 35:189-194
- Salazar E. Bochicchio T. Effects of a high protein oral supplement on nutritional status in hemodialysis patients. Journal of Renal Nutrition May 2102; 18 Suppl: 015.
- Salazar E. Bochicchio T. Use of the Dialysis Malnutrition Score to assess the nutritional status of Mexican patients on maintenance hemodialysis. Journal of Renal Nutrition May 2012; 18 Suppl: 035.
- Lecture Professor A. At the Surgeon and Obstetrician Degree and Nutrition Degree. University Center of the Coast, University of Guadalajara. Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. January 2012 to the present.
- Associate Professor. Nutritional aspects in the Renal Disease. Training Course for Nurses in Peritoneal Dialysis and Hemodialysis. FME College VIII Generation Mexico D. F. September 2008
- Associate Professor. Nutritional Aspects of the Hemodialysis Patient. At the Nursing Training Course in Peritoneal Dialysis and Hemodialysis. FME College VII Generation. Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico June 2008
- Associate Professor of Nutritional Aspects of the Patient with Substantive Hemodialysis Therapy. At the Fundamentals Course of Nursing in Hemodialysis and Technological Advances. School of Higher Studies Iztacala Nursing Career. Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico August 2004.
- Professor at the Technological Institute of Upper Hospitality and Gastronomy EUROMAR 1996 -2000 Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- Subject Professor. School of Dietetics and Nutrition at the ISSSTE, 1982 -1984 Mexico D. F.
Professional Development and Certifications, RD. Elihud Salazar:
- Diploma in Management Skills. Corporate Foundation AC – Indesol Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 2012.
- Updating Course in Child Nutrition. School of Dietetics and Nutrition at the ISSSTE, Mexico D.F.
- Course in Soy Derivatives: Its Use in Dairy Products. American Soybean Association, Mexico D.F.
- Hygienic Food Handling Course. Diploma as Instructor at H. SECTUR, México D.F.
- International Diabetes Federation Congress Paris, France.
- Advanced Course of the Body Composition Evaluation “Metabolic Syndrome”. Autonomous Metropolitan University, Mexico D.F.
- XIII International Congress on Metabolism and Nutrition in Renal Disease. Merida, Mexico
- 40th Annual Meeting at the American Society of Nephrology, San Francisco, California, USA.
- V Advanced Course on Body Composition: Physical Activity, Exercise and Health. Autonomous Metropolitan University, Mexico City, Mexico.
- First International Congress of Medicine and Medical Innovation, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Nephrology, University Center of La Costa UDG, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.