Dr. Cesar Medina, MD. is a graduate from the University of Guadalajara. Likewise, he is trained in Interventional Radiology. Dr. Medina arrived in Puerto Vallarta around the year of 2008. Later, he joined the CMQ Hospitals physician family in 2015 as the head of the Radiology Department. Additionally, he is a board-certified physician by the Mexican Committee of Radiology and Imaging. In the same vein, he is a member of different societies, including:
Subsequently, during his professional radiology practice, some of Dr. Cesar Medina’s most common alignments are inflammatory gallbladder problems and venous problems, among others. Similarly, on his interventional radiology practice, he’s in charge of organ biopsies. Additionally to working at CMQ Hospitals, Dr. Medina also works at The Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS by its Spanish meaning).
- Education: MD, University of Guadalajara. Guadalajara, México.
- Specialty: Radiology, Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente. Guadalajara, México.
- Internship/Fellowship: Interventional Radiology.
Most common radiology procedures and services:
- Abdominal Ultrasounds.
- Abdominal Tomography.
- Doppler ultrasound.
- Breast biopsy.
- Lung biopsy.
- Thyroid biopsy.
- Catheter placement for percutaneous abscess drainage.
Professional Development and Certifications by Dr. Cesar Medina, MD.:
- A certified physician by the Mexican Committee of Radiology and Imaging A.C.
- Radiology Specialist member of the Radiology Society of Puerto Vallarta.
- Hospital CMQ Affiliated Physician.
- Bilingual physician.
- Fellowship in Interventional Radiology procedures.
Which illnesses do Radiology Specialists treat?
Radiology specialists play a vital role in preventing screening and interventional procedures. Some medical areas where preventive screening can be used include breast cancer, lung cancer, osteoporosis, carotid artery, and colorectal cancer. Interventional procedures conducted by a radiologist, are mostly done via catheters and micro-instruments. Some of the procedures are: angioplasty and peripheral vascular disease. Need more information about our Radiology studies and procedures? Visit our Radiology and Imaging Department at CMQ Hospitals.